Why is this the top formula for Immune Support?
Zinc to help maintain proper immune response and T-cell function
Vitamin A to support mucous membranes, strengthening the bodies fist line of defense
Supports immune health by enhancing leukocyte counts
Vitamin C for proper lymphocyte and NK cell activity
Used for the past 2000+ years in Traditional Chinese Medicine to strengthen the immune system
Black Elderberry extract to reduce fight free radicals
Benefits of Swiss RX Immune Defense
Maintain proper immune function to stay healthy
Zinc, Elderberry, Echinacea, Astragalus, and more
Optomize your Immune Health
Peace of mind that you are optimizing your immune health
Ben in New York
When Covid-19 began, I started taking Immune Defense daily. I greatly appreciate the insurance policy it provides to boost my immune system, day in and day out.
Learn more about Swiss RX Immunity Defense
If you want to avoid getting sick so that you can keep training hard without worrying about illness sabotaging your efforts then this is the most important description you'll read all day.
As athletes, we're always pushing our bodies to the limit. Your body will compensate for this by putting all its resources into repairing damage and stress from training, which can leave your immune system weakened and vulnerable.
It's well-known that athletes, especially when doing intense exercise, are at higher risk of getting sick. The fact is, it doesn't matter how much training you do, if you get sick you'll set yourself back weeks or a month or more in training. In terms of racing, just forget about it if you get sick. Smart, serious athletes know to give their immune system as much extra support as possible so they can train hard and keep their competitive advantage.
That's where Immunity Defense comes in:
- A doctor recommended powerhouse of the world's most time-tested pharmaceutical-grade botanicals, giving your immune system an incredible, natural boost and ongoing support
- A synergistic formula significantly boosts immune cell function including antibody response, natural killer (NK) cell activity, thymus hormone secretions, and T-cell activation.
- Helps soothe throat irritations and nasal secretions, and maintains normal inflammatory balance by increasing antioxidant levels throughout the body.
How Does It Work?
SwissRX Immune Defense lays a strong foundation with their Immune Nutrition Base, a synergistic nutrient blend of zinc, vitamin C, vitamin A, L-lysine and pantothenic acid- each of which plays a major role in maintaining a healthy, functioning immune system:
- Zinc: Zinc is a mineral that works synergistically with vitamin A in activating thymic factor, a thymus hormone with vital immune-supporting properties. Maintaining optimal zinc levels also helps maintain helper T-cell lymphocyte function, NK cell activity, macrophage function, and antibody production.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is well known for its ability to support immune response. Vitamin C concentrations decline rapidly in the body during periods of stress. Dietary intake is therefore crucial during immune challenges. Vitamin C has been found to be helpful in supporting specific components of the immune system including NK cell activity and lymphocyte function. Vitamin C also provides antioxidant support by protecting cells against reactive oxygen species that are generated during normal inflammatory response.
- Vitamin A: Vitamin A helps support mucous membranes. When vitamin A is lacking, mucus-producing cells are replaced by keratin producing cells, and the membranes become tough and more vulnerable to organisms. Vitamin A is a critical immune-supporting nutrient. Vitamin A also supports the immune system by stimulating white blood cell function and increasing antibody response.
- L-Lysine: L-lysine is an essential amino acid that cannot be synthesized in the body on its own. Lysine must be derived from protein sources in the diet in order for the body to function properly. Many biological functions require lysine including boosting immune defense.
- Pantothenic Acid (vitamin B5) Pantothenic acid (vitamin B5) is a water-soluble B complex vitamin. D-calcium pantothenate is a heat stable form of B5. About 85% of pantothenic acid in food occurs as a component of coenzyme A (CoA). As a component of CoA, pantothenic acid is essential for the production of energy from carbohydrates, fats and protein. Maintaining optimal pantothenic acid levels is crucial for supporting immune system energy, thymic function and healthy white blood cell levels.
These five nutrients lay a formidable foundation for building optimal immune health in hardworking athletes. But SwissRX doesn't stop there. Knowing that athletes like you are putting tremendous strain on their immune systems, they've included a powerhouse of...
Black Elderberry Extract
Black elderberry (Sambucas nigra) has a long history of traditional use among herbalists and is native to Europe, Northern Africa, and Western and Central Asia. The bioactive components of elderberry include the flavonoid anthocyanin, which acts as an antioxidant to fight free radicals and is linked to anti-inflammatory, anti-viral, and anti-cancer benefits. The standardized formulation of Immune Defense includes black elderberry extract with 13% anthocyanins.
Astragalus Membranaceus Root Extract
Astragalus membranaceus is native to northern China and is one of the primary herbs used in TCM (Traditional Chinese Medicine) since at least the Han dynasty (2000+ years). It's valued for its ability to strengthen the "primary energy of the body" (i.e. the immune system) as well as respiratory, elimination, and metabolic functions. Pharmacological studies are increasingly confirming this ancient wisdom, linking astragalus membranaceus to increased telomerase activity (antiaging), and immune-regulation, as well as antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, anticancer, hypolipidemic, antihyperglycemic, hepatoprotective, expectorant, and diuretic properties
Echinacea Purpurea Extract
Echinacea purpurea is a perennial herb that has been used for centuries in Native American medicine. Current research supports echinacea’s clinical applications as more than 300 scientific studies have focused on this remarkable botanical. Echinacea activates multiple aspects of immune function
Andrographis Paniculata Leaf Extract
Andrographis paniculate is a plant that's been used to treat a long array of diseases in Asia, Africa and America for centuries. It possesses several photochemical constituents with unique and interesting biological properties. A. paniculate has been reported to provide strong antioxidant support
Take 2 capsules per day as a daily preventative and immune booster.
At first sign of illness, you can increase your dosage to 1-2 capsules an hour until symptoms subside. Do not exceed 2 capsules per hour.
Elderberry Study: They are natural remedies with antiviral properties, especially against different strains of influenza virus. Sambucol (Elderberry) was shown to be effective in vitro against 10 strains of influenza virus. In a double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized study reduced the duration of flu symptoms to 3-4 days. Here is a link to the study
Zinc Study: Zinc is known to play a central role in the immune system, and zinc-deficient persons experience increased susceptibility to a variety of pathogens. The immunologic mechanisms whereby zinc modulates increased susceptibility to infection have been studied for several decades. Here is a link to the study.